11/23/2006

Latvia Fears New ‘Occupation’ by Russians but Needs the Labor

Recently, www.nytimes.com published something that I personally have been waiting for a very long time. You may same most of my life. The story describes that once again snooty inbreeding hiding-in-remote-farms Waffen SS (http://www.aeronautics.ru/archive/wwii/baltic_nazis/latvia/index2.htm) Latvians NEED Russian help. No longer do they need to get us out of their got forsaken cold woody beach country. They actually smuggle Russian workers into Latvia illegally. Let me state in again: Latvian employers smuggle Russian Workers, not like in USA where Mexican workers have to smuggle themselves and pay for it.

For those who would say that Russians got what they deserved, here is a little bit of info - Revolution and following Soviet Union's "occupation" would not have happened if it was not for Latvian Shooters Battalions who were acting on behalf of Lenin as Battalions Of Death.

Why am I personally so connected to it? May be because I was born in 1971 in Riga. My mother was 2 years old when my Russian Grandmother and my Ukrainian Grandfather moved to Latvia. As true occupants, they spent their life's working (sometimes two jobs at the same time) at bread factory, as someone who is cleaning stairwells in the building, drove trucks, and other jobs that ethnic Latvians considered to be "dirty" and beneath them.

I will never forget how their children were instructed from early childhood never to play with us. Not because we were "occupants", but because were were lower class, could spread disease, ignorant subhumans.

My parents were first generation in their families to become college educated, they were associated with anti soviet crowd, I was raised to believe in freedom of expression and tolerance. We constantly had hand-typed underground manuscripts at our house and never did we consider Latvians to be our enemy. But now, after the way they treated non-Latvian children and old people for past 20 years, I rejoice when I hear that for all their propaganda to contrary, they do need Russian heads and hands!

No comments: